October 10 Update

This was a short week, but we managed to cram in a lot of learning. On Monday, students edited a paragraph, looking for spelling, capitalization and punctuation errors. We also read a short story set in Labrador, called the Phantom Dog Team. On Tuesday we completed our weekly spelling test and continued learning about the "Age of Exploration." As part of this, we reviewed the Viking voyages to North America and learned about how economics, religion, competition and curiosity led to exploration. We also analysed a map to learn about the different imperial powers and the empires which they were creating.

Over the break, students can practice the spelling list and the paragraph edit below.

List 10
WordPractice SentenceType
movedThis couch has been moved.Basic
because My face got burned because I didn't use sunscreen.Basic
pretendI will pretend I didn't see you.Basic
providedWe provided all of the evidence.Basic
matchesBring matches to the picnic.Basic
eitherWe can either go today or tomorrow.Basic
parentsThere are many parents who would like to volunteer.Basic
AlaskaI am back from Alaska.Basic
normalShe is the most normal girl I know.Basic
neighborhoodWe are having a fundraiser in my neighborhood.Basic
spaceI dream about going into space on a shuttle.Basic
guitarMy guitar is very dear to me.Basic
duringI will make sure I call during the meeting.Basic
soreMy feet are still sore from walking.Basic
evidenceThe evidence pointed to the butler.Challenge
pajamasMy pajamas are getting too small.Challenge
fidgetingMy brother can't stop fidgeting.Challenge
environmentCaring for the environment is very important.Challenge


Daily Paragraph Editing 
 Personal Narrative
8 edits total

Hi. My name is maggieIve always wanted a kite. I didnt want to buy one at the storI wanted to make my own kite. Im great at making things. Last march, made a bird feeder. Its still hanging in the yard. This spring, I plan to make a kite.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Years War documentary questions